Special Needs Planning
Creating a life plan for a family member that has a mental, physical or emotional disability can be a daunting task. These unique situations require present and future planning to preserve benefits and access services for loved ones.
At One Financial Services, we understand what a family with special needs can be facing on a daily basis. Our intent is to provide an incredibly high level of quality service, care and advice, through our personal financial advisor, Emilio “Jack” Morrone. Jack has personally lived through the decisions a family requires with two special needs children of his own. He knows first-hand the planning techniques necessary in these circumstances.
We have the ability to assist our clients with any immediate need for their loved one. Many clients find that a major area of concern is gaining access to the services available for individuals with special needs.
A few ways we can help our clients include:
- Assisting in applying for Medicaid, including the related waiver applications for both the consolidated and Person/Family Directed Support Waiver (PFDS)
- Assisting with completing the Prioritization of Urgency of Need for Services (PUNS) form for determining a need for available services
- Assisting in applying for supplemental Social Security Income
- Providing information on alternative living arrangements
- Evaluation of provider agencies for both day and night residential services.
Every family also needs to plan for the long term needs of individuals with special needs. We offer our clients advice and counsel in:
- Lifetime income need assessments to help families determine how much income is needed to help their loved one for the remainder of their lives
- Being an advocate for the individual during annual reviews
- Development of a care plan to ensure proper care will be readily available at all times
One Financial Services strives to help families in a way that few other financial offices can. Our experienced advisors have had firsthand experience in helping individuals with special needs and know the coordination, complexity and compassion these situations require. We hope that you will allow us to become an instrumental part of life planning for your family.
In this video, Jack provides his personal insight into special financial considerations for children with disabilities and how to avoid common mistakes that affect eligibility for financial assistance.